English Chitchat, let's go!!

Zutritt für alle Plaudertaschen, ab Teil 2

Moderator: sea

Antworten
Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Re: English Chitchat, let's go!!

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

Anyone else can at leas partially relate...?

Because I'm a man, when I lock my keys in the car I will fiddle with a wire clothes hanger and ignore your suggestions that we call a road service until long after hypothermia has set in.

Because I'm a man, when the car isn't running very well, I will pop the hood and stare at the engine as if I know what I'm looking at. If another man shows up, one of us will say to the other, "I used to be able to fix these things, but now with all these computers and everything, I wouldn't know where to start." We will then drink beer.

Because I'm a man, when I catch a cold I need someone to bring me soup and take care of me while I lie in bed and moan. You never get as sick as I do, so for you this isn't an issue.

Because I'm a man, I can be relied upon to purchase basic groceries at the store, like milk or bread. I cannot be expected to find exotic items like "Cumin" or "Tofu". For all I know these are the same thing. And never, under any circumstances, expect me to pick up anything for which "feminine hygiene product" is a euphemism.

Because I'm a man, when one of our appliances stops working I will insist on taking it apart, despite evidence that this will just cost me twice as much once the repair person gets here and has to put it back together.

Because I'm a man, I must hold the television remote control in my hand while I watch TV. If the thing has been misplaced, I may miss a whole show looking for it (though one time I was able to survive by holding a calculator).

Because I'm a man, I don't think we're all that lost, and no, I don't think we should stop and ask someone. Why would you listen to a complete stranger -- I mean, how the hell could he know where we're going?

Because I'm a man, there is no need to ask me what I'm thinking about. The answer is always either sex or baseball, though I have to make up something else when you ask, so don't.

Because I'm a man, I am capable of announcing, "One more beer and I really have to go", and mean it every single time I say it, even when it gets to the point that the one bar closes and my buddies and I have to go hunt down another. I will find it increasingly hilarious to have my pals call you to tell you I'll be home soon, and no, I don't understand why you threw all my clothes into the front yard. Like, what's the connection?

Because I'm a man, you don't have to ask me if I liked the movie. Chances are, if you're crying at the end of it, I didn't.

Because I'm a man, yes, I have to turn up the radio when Bruce Springsteen or The Doors comes on, and then, yes, I have to tell you every single time about how Bruce had his picture on the cover of Time and Newsweek the same day, or how Jim Morrison is buried in Paris and everyone visits his grave. Please do not behave as if you do not find this fascinating.

Because I'm a man, I think what you're wearing is fine. I thought what you were wearing five minutes ago was fine, too. Either pair of shoes is fine. With the belt or without it looks fine. Your hair is fine. You look fine. Can we just go now?

Because I'm a man, and this is, after all, 2013, I will share equally in the housework. You just do the laundry, the cooking, the gardening, the cleaning, and the dishes. I'll do the rest.

THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE FOR WOMEN, TO BETTER UNDERSTAND THE MALE ANIMAL
Bild

Ponzonia

Beitrag von Ponzonia »

Hahahahahah!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Soooo true!

kara71

Beitrag von kara71 »

oh yes. How true.

Nice weekend everyone.

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

Thanks, you too! Off to Cumbria (of all places!) for the weekend, back on Tuesday. Boy is on holiday with the cat at Grandma's. When asked what he wants to do he answered "Holidays". Ah well, no prob then....
I'm looking forward to the time alone, but I'll miss my little man something fierce :oops:
Bild

swisscanmom

Beitrag von swisscanmom »

Enjoy your holidays! Hope your little man has fun at Grandma's, too.

I am hoping to receive a job offer tomorrow, fingers crossed. :D

kara71

Beitrag von kara71 »

@swisscanmom: good luck with the jobhunt.
@mrs. bee: Cumbris sounds a it far north for you. Did you enjoy it?

My two are driving me mad at the moment. A hungry six year old, who's bored out of principle and a ten month old, who wants to walk fighting all morning, because she's trying to eat his lego etc. Grrr... I've come to the point, where I just leave them to it.

Have fun.

swisscanmom

They haven't called me yet about the job :( The last conversation was that it was pretty much a done deal, just had to finalize hours, so I am bit upset right now that they have not called yet.

Hope your kids don't hurt each other, kara! Mine are quite happily doing nothing much except lying around and playing the occasional board game. Enjoying the last few days before it is back to school on Monday.

swisscanmom

They called! I start Nov 5th! Yeay!

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

Congratulations!
Bild

kara71

Beitrag von kara71 »

Well done, swisscanmom! It's in childcare, isn't it?
Last week of the school holidays. 3 weeks is too long in autumn, if you don't go away. We've been busy, though, inviting boy's friends - and him going to play with his friends. I'm pretty shattered, trying to please the boy and the baby. She still doesn't sleep through the night and seems to be teething endlessly.
Enough moaning now, we're all well, happy, healthy. What more do you want ;-)

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

Kara - the end is near :wink: I can only imagine how much you have to organise for a lively Kindergarden pupil. With friends. The house looks like a war zone afterwards? And then on top a toddler discovering the world... don't envy you (much :wink: )
But you're right - as long as they're healthy...

We're fine, just having the occasional temper burst. But we're busy potty training and it's getting better and better. What a relief. I got really fed up with the nappy changing all the flaming time :evil:
Bild

kara71

Beitrag von kara71 »

@ war zone: fighting seems to be a very popular theme these days. They set up huge playmobil armies on either side, preferably on the landing, so you can't get into the rooms . ..ah well, he's only little once

Good luck with the potty training

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

What is it with boys and fighting? It's doing my head in! When his friend visite it's war, but as soon as he's gone he's asking for him :roll:
Potty training is working ok, but number 2 still end up where they shouldn't. Gnagnagna
Bild

swisscanmom

It took my son a year to get comfortable with number two. :( most kids are much quicker though, good luck!

We have been decorating the House for Halloween. We only brought a few decorations from Canada, so this means making everything ourselves. More fun that way any way. :D

kara71

Beitrag von kara71 »

Good morning
we're busy as usual, but otherwise fine.
Hope you're all well

@swisscanmom: Is Halloween a big thing for you?

Have a good day.

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

We have an English invasion, so now we have 2 carved pumpkins, a ghost and a bat in the garden. Could be worse I suppose. Little man' Räbeliechtli looks a bit tiny next to everything
Bild

kara71

Beitrag von kara71 »

Playing peek-a-boo all day. Little girl still finds it hilarious. And: she can stand up on her own without holding on, well, holding onto her dolly for support :D

Mrs. Bee
Mod. im Ruhestand

Beitrag von Mrs. Bee »

Kara - very important!! Moral support, I take it. And seeing as the bottom part is well paded: What could possibly go wrong?

Little man turned into Satan's evil son last week. He's pushing the limits and then some and so far we've managed to have arguments Saturday, Sunday and this morning. Oh the joy...!! He can be sooo sweet, but at times I could just scream :oops: Oh well, another 15 years and it won't be my problem anymore...
Bild

kara71

Beitrag von kara71 »

@mrs.bee: welcome to the club. Weekends are the worst. I was close to a breakdown on Sunday. Oh, these boys!

katreseke

Beitrag von katreseke »

Hi ladies
I haven't been around here much the last months :oops:
Been very busy with the homework of the twins (every day homework and one of the twins really struggels) and with other stuff as well. Hubby is at the moment abroad for work and littlest one had to throw up several times yesterday evening and during the night. Now I hope that the older ones do not get it as well. Hopefully it was somthing she ate (she ate way too many Mandarinen yesterday) and not a contagious stomac flu.
LG von Katreseke

Antworten